Here’s our top tips for shopping securely online…
Let’s face it, shopping online from the comfort of your sofa is a great way to save time and money, but how do you know if your personal information such as bank details, are protected?
Lacking basic online shopping smarts could end up causing you a world of headache and hit you hardest… in your pocket.
Here are a few tips that will help you enjoy secure and trustworthy online shopping, at the click of a mouse.
- 1. Look for signs that the business is legitimate.
- Buy from reputable stores and sellers – find out what other shoppers have to say, read reviews and evaluations.
- Look for third party seals of approval. Companies can put their logo on sites if they abide by a set of standards. If you see the logo’s, click them to make sure they link to the particular company.
- 2. Look for signs that the website protects your data.
- On the web page where you enter your credit card or other personal information, look for an “s” after http in the web address of that page.
- Make sure there is a tiny closed padlock in the address bar.
- 3. Keep passwords and PINs secret.
- Do not share them in email, instant messages, or over the phone.
- Avoid using the same password everywhere. If someone steals that password, all the information that the password protects is at risk.
- 4. Never …
- pay bills, bank, or shop on a public or shared computer or devices that are on public wireless networks. The security is unreliable.
- 5. Use common sense.
- Watch out for scams. Be wary of deals that sound too good to be true, alerts that you have won a lottery.
So, here it is – new and improved – www.soundzdirect.com where you can shop with peace of mind!
From the Soundzdirect Team!